The onset of winters with cold breeze grows the thirst of a warm tea and we all love to have a sip of the perfectly blended tea in our cosy quilts. The pleasure of drinking tea gets double if the tea has nutritional values along with a great taste. To keep you comfy with a sip of delight here’s a recipe of Kashmiri Kahwa. The Kashmiri Kahwa is prepared without milk so it is appropriate for those who wish to opt for a low calorie drink.
What is Kashmiri Kahwa?
Making its way from the hills of Kahmir, the Kashmiri Kahwa tea is now a very popular tea in every part of India because of its heavenly taste and nutritional properties. The word Kahwa means sweetened tea in Kashmir and therefore it is named so because of the sweet taste that it provides. Usually the Kahwa is served in tiny cups to guest during celebrations and special visits but the Kahwa can also be consumed on a regular basis.
The Kahwa is prepared with different herbs like cardamom, saffron, rose petals, cinnamon along with some nuts like almonds, or walnuts to enhance the flavor. The richness in flavor can also be attained by adding sugar or honey to it thus intensifying the bliss of the valley of Kahmir in its every sip.
Kashmiri Kahwa Ingredients
The preparation method of Kahmiri Kahwa is quite simple and effortless. It requires minimal time and ingredients for its making. The best taste of the tea is acquired by the extra garnishing of nuts. Below is the list of required ingredients.
- Kashmiri Kahwa Green Tea Leaves: One to one and a half spoons of Kashmiri Kahwa Leaves. If Kahwa leaves are not available then you can opt for Green Tea Leaves along with spices for richness in flavor.
- Spices: Basically the Kahwa is made with only two spices Cardamom and Cinnamon. But you can also add one or two strands of saffron and cloves for increasing the taste. You can take up to 1 or 2 pieces of each spice.
- Rose petals: Dried rose petals are added for a mild fragrance to the tea. These are optional and can be added up to 6 or 7 petals.
- Sweetening agent: For adding a little bit touch of sweetness you can either put sugar or honey as per your taste. If you are health conscious then you can avoid using sweetner, the tea will still taste good.
- Nuts: For garnishing you can use grated almonds or walnuts for about half or a full tbsp.
How to make kashmiri kahwa?
Kashmiri Kahwa is prepared in a large copper kettle which has a fire container in the middle where the burning coal is placed for keeping the tea warm and it is surrounded by water to boil the tea leaves. This kettle has its origin from Russia and it is popularly known as Samovar.
Nowadays the Kahwa can be prepared in a pan also with the following mentioned steps.
- Take a bowl and put some strands of saffron along with 1 tbsp of warm water for further use.
- Now take a pan and pour 2 cups of water in it to boil on medium flame.
- Add all the spices in pan after crushing them properly.
- Add the rose petals and sweetener. Thereafter leave it to boil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tea leaves and turn the flame low and allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes more.
- Strain the tea in cups and then add the saffron water and then again boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tea in cups and then add the grated nuts for the garnishing.
The tea is ready to be served to two people.
Kashmiri Kahwa benefits
The Kahmiri Kahwa is not just merely a delightful drink but it also has some nutritional values and health benefits.
- Kashmiri Kahwa tea is said to be helpful in the process of digestion. It fastens the metabolism of the individual thus enabling a smooth functioning of the digestive tract.
- It is also believed that the property of fast metabolism helps in reducing the layer of fat. Therefore Kashmiri Kahwa is found to be useful fat loss.
- The spices used in Kashmiri Kahwa have some medicinal properties so they help in boosting our immunity thus helping us to fight problems like cough, cold, flu, etc.
- Kashmiri Kahwa helps our nerves to get relaxed which improve our blood circulation. Therefore there are less chances of having stress or heart diseases.
- The anti-oxidants present in Kahwa produces happy neurotransmitter like serotonin and dopamine which reduces anxiety too.
- Spices like cinnamon are warm in nature thus when they are perfectly blended with Kashmir Kahwa tea leaves they help in resisting the chills of the winter season.
- Kashmiri Kahwa also works like an energy booster when served in the morning. It rejuvenates the body and eases the muscular tension thus stimulating your senses and boosting your performance.
- It is also found that the excellent combination of the spices and saffron along with the nuts is beneficial in maintaining the glow of the skin by eliminating the toxins from the body thus giving a pinkish glow and a youthful skin to you for a long period.
Best ready to use kashmiri kahwa
Being a very famous tea now, the Kashmiri Kahwa is available easily in every region. It if is not at the local stores you can search for it on online platforms like Amazon. There are various brands which provide all the spices mixed up with the tea for instant making. You just have to add water with few tbsp. of leaves and let them boil and serve them instantly.
The health benefits and the luxurious taste that Kashmiri Kahwa provides have made the drink popular worldwide. The quick making process not only ensures the great taste but also guarantees the proper blending of the ingredients for a refreshing taste. If you want to have a soothing experience too then this Kashmiri Kahwa tea is worth a try for you and all the tea lovers.